Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The beginning of disenchantment

I'm such a follower. Many of my friends have started a 'blog', and while I blog on myspace, its usually random ramblings about the crazy that is my life. Since I already do this, I thought long and hard about what I could post about that is not only me, but that is about me and unique.

It took a good 2 days to come up with an answer.

Then bam! I had it.

Why don't I write about my being pagan, on a personal level? Being an everyday pagan (or wiccan, I'll explain the difference) in the U.S. of A. and in a largely non-pagan society. Not only can I talk about being a solitary wiccan that includes my day to day life, but also include things like rituals, spells, and general spirituality. I can also include great resources like books, web sites, local stores, and what the community is like...in my experience at least.

Sharing how I got on this path, experiences I've had both spiritual, personal and dealing with other people, I think can open many people's minds to what it is like to check 'other' on the religious choice box.

This is also where I include my basic disclaimer. This is my blog, my thoughts, my experiences. If, for some reason, you are offended, don't like what you read, or want to 'lead me to jesus', then there is a little red X in the corner you can click on. And please do. While I do enjoy a good debate, I will not engage in defending myself and my beliefs. I do not mean to offend anybody, but sometimes...it just happens. Grow up and deal with it. People are different, and I claim the same. I am an American, and have the same freedom of religion that you do.

So until next time...

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet again!

Blessed Be.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly this is so exciting!
    You have an appealing writing style and I always enjoy your blog entries.
    Thank you for giving us a dedicated place to read your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm excited to get started! I just wonder how I'm going to fit this in with work, home and school...

    ReplyDelete