Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ok so this interested me...

This is just food for thought...until I have free time to start posting again.

Lists of famous people in different denominations:

Jehovah's Witness:
- Dwight D. Eisenhower - U.S. President (raised JW) -
Venus Williams and Serena Williams - world chamption/Olympic gold medalist tennis players
- Prince - pop singer (convert to JWs)
- Selena - Tejano singer (Selena Quintanilla)
- Michael Jackson - singer, pop superstar (lapsed)
- Janet Jackson - singer (lapsed)
- Katherine Jackson - matriarch of the Jacksons musical dynasty and the mother of pop music legends The Jackson 5, Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson
- La Toya Jackson - singer (lapsed) - Jackson Five - musical group (lapsed)
- Ja Rule - rap singer, film actor (raised)
- Patti Smith - punk rock star
- Geri Halliwell - singer (Spice Girls)
- Jill Scott - R&B/neo-soul singer-poet -
Roy Harper - songwriter, musician (raised)
Wayans Brothers - and sisters: Damon Wayans, Dwayne Wayans, Keenen Ivory Wayans, Kim Wayans, Nadia Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Shawn Wayans; comedians, actors, filmmakers
Naomi Campbell - supermodel

Famous Mormons: http://famousmormons.net/tv.html

Amy Adams
Wilford Brimley
Eliza Dushku
Aaron Eckhart
Jon Heder
Katherine Heigl
Matthew Modine
Aaron Ruell (IMDB him!)
Rick Shroder
Paul Walker
David Archuleta (big surprise!)
The Jets (the 80's band)
The Killers
Gladys Knight
Donny & Marie Osmond

Famous Christians...(only ones I recognize)
Gary Busey
Ryan Gosling
Gavin McLeod
Chuck Norris
Judge Reinhold
JRR Tolkien
Johnny Cash
Charlie Daniels
Pat Boone (well this one is a big duh)
James Brown
Alice Cooper
Francis Scott Key
POD
Chevelle

Famous Buddhists:
Kate Bosworth
Orlando Bloom
Rob Cohen
Richard Gere
Goldie Hawn
Jack Kerouac
George Lucas
Keanu Reeves (like...totally dude!)
Michael Stipe
Oliver Stone
Steven Seagal (ha ha)
Tina Turner
Uma Thurman
Mark Wahlberg

Famous Pagans:
Alice Walker
Virginia Woolf
Timothy Leary
Cybill Shepherd
Terry Pratchett
Brigitte Nielson
Stevie Nicks (though she has not technically confirmed this)


I noticed that there were many names that came up on different lists. So don't quote me on these. I got my information from :http://www.adherents.com/adh_fam.html. So quote that, not me.

My point in all of this is that it takes all kinds to make the world go around. Some people (and some faiths) are more outspoken than others. I just wanted to open eyes to what we see when we see other people. Maybe I mostly want you to know that most (if not a great majority) Pagans are not ( I repeat...NOT) gothic! Maybe a lot of goths are pagan, but not a lot of pagans are goth.
Remember that.

As a side note, my life is incredibly crazy busy. I have no time (nor do I chose to take the time) to enjoy the goddess, or to thank the god. I have tried to take the time out to do so...but I'm so haggard. One of these days I swear I'm just going to lay under the full moon naked.
Just kidding.

Or am I???

No comments:

Post a Comment